County History

Le Sueur County is named after the Great French Explorer, Pierre Charles Le Sueur, who traveled up the St. Peter's River, now known as the Minnesota River, in the year of 1700. The county seat of Le Sueur County is Le Center. The name Le Center was changed from Le Sueur Center to Le Center in 1930. The Le Sueur County Courthouse was built in 1896-97 with extensive remodeling taking place in 1974-75 and again in 1994-95.


Web Tools by OpenCube