- Prosecution of all felonies which occur in Le Sueur County and all gross misdemeanors and misdemeanors which occur in the County, but outside of city limits.
- Prosecution of public assistance fraud.
- Prosecution of all juvenile criminal matters which occur in Le Sueur County.
- Represent Le Sueur County in child in need of protection or services (CHIPS) actions and in civil commitments.
- Represent Le Sueur County in the establishment of paternities and in child support enforcement.
- Provide support and assistance for victims and witnesses in criminal and juvenile matters handled by the County Attorney's Office. (507-357-2251 - Vicki W)
- Provide legal representation for Le Sueur County, the County Board of Commissioners, and its departments, in civil areas, including planning and zoning issues, liability claims, tax appeals, and contract negotiations.
The County Attorney's Office is located directly across from the courthouse at 65 South Park Avenue. Office hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m, and on Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Le Sueur County Attorney:
Le Sueur County Attorney
65 South Park Avenue
Le Center MN, 56057
Phone: (507) 357-2278
Fax: (507) 357-2270