Report a Concern or Complaint

To report suspected child abuse or neglect by a parent, licensed daycare provider, foster care provider, or other caregiver, contact your county social service agency or the police.  If it is an emergency, call the police at 911 or contact Le Sueur County at (507)357-8228 and ask for the social service intake worker.

Contact Us - Child and Family Services
The Le Sueur County Courthouse is located at: 88 South Park Avenue, Le Center, MN 56057

Phone: (507) 357-8288 
Monday - Thursday 8:00am - 4:30pm | Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm | Closed Weekends & Holidays


The Complaint/Grievance Procedure is used to resolve areas of disagreement between care providers and agency staff involving policy, procedure, or practice. Providers who receive their license through Le Sueur County Human Services may have a disagreement with the agency as it relates to practice or procedure.  When a disagreement arises, the following process will be followed:

  1.  Talk to the licensor to attempt to resolve your complaint or grievance on an informal basis.
  2. If the issue is not resolved, submit a written complaint/grievance to the supervisor.  See Appendix A for the Provider Grievance Form. Your written complaint should be submitted to:
    Lowell Freeman, Children’s Services and Licensing Supervisor
    Le Sueur County Human Services
    88 S Park Ave. Le Center, MN 56057
  3. Le Sueur County Human Services will respond in writing to written complaints/grievance as soon as possible, but not later than five working days after receiving the complaint or grievance.
  4. If your complaint/grievance is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may request (in writing) that the County Director review your written complaint and the Agency’s response.  Your request should be submitted to:
    Susan Rynda, Director
    Le Sueur County Human Services                                                                           
    88 S Park Ave. Le Center, MN 56057
  5. Within five working days of receipt of the request, the Director will respond to the complaint or grievance.  This action may be a written response, formal meeting, etc.
  6. The decision of the Director will be communicated in writing to the provider and a copy placed in the licensing file.

Compliant/Grievance Procedure and Provider Grievance Form