The Le Sueur County Jail is a 28 bed facility operating under licensing guidelines of the Minnesota Department of Corrections.
Civil Fingerprint Days:
Monday 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday 6:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Saturday 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Normal visits will last 30 minutes and may be shortened to allow all inmates a chance to visit.
Monday 5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Thursday 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Saturday 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- You must complete the Jail Inmate Visitor Information Form. (You must complete this every time you visit.)
- A photo ID is required to visit an inmate.
- You must be 18 years of age unless accompanied by a legal guardian or parent.
- Anyone under the influence of drugs or alcohol will NOT be allowed to visit.
- There will be no food, beverages or electronic devices allowed into the visitation room.
- Disruptive behavior shall cause the visit to be denied.
- You will not be allowed to visit if you or the inmate you are visiting has a restraining order against each other.
- If you have been a Le Sueur County inmate within the last 6 months you will not be allowed to visit.
Items Accepted into Jail:
The ONLY ITEM that will be accepted into the Jail without going through the U.S. Postal Service is cash and/or Money Orders. Anything received by the Jail via the U.S. Mail that Jail Staff views as possible contraband will be immediately returned to sender.
- Money (cash or money order)
- Books & Magazines - all books and magazines brought in will become property of the Le Sueur County Jail
- Library Books or School Books - all library books and school books may leave with the inmate upon release
- Stamps & Envelopes
- Greeting Cards - basic greeting cards will be accepted. Greeting cards that could be viewed as inappropriate or a threat to jail will be refused.
- Photographs - photographs will be allowed on printer paper, there will be a maximum of 6 photographs allowed in an inmate's cell at one time. No explicit or inappropriate photographs will be allowed. Any pictures not meeting the standards of the jail will be refused.
- Games - any brand new unopened board game will be accepted with the discretion of the Le Sueur County Jail Staff. Any game not meeting the standards of the Jail may be refused.
Every Item is at the discretion of the Jail Staff
IF IT IS NOT ON THIS LIST IT IS NOT ACCEPTED
Sending Mail to an Inmate:
Le Sueur County Jail
88 South Park Avenue
Le Center, MN 56057
Inmate Voicemail and Phone Cards:
Messages are not taken for inmates at the Le Sueur County Jail. If you wish to leave a message for an inmate, you can call the inmate message system at (507) 357-4846.These messages are not confidential.
Inmates may purchase phone cards through our canteen for $21.90 (Tax included). Friends/family may purchase a phone card for an inmate by going at http://www.reliancetelephone.com/. Our phone system only accepts these phone cards. Other types of phone cards will not work with our inmate phone system. Collect calling may be set up for inmates by calling 1-800-896-3201.
Send Money to an inmate with a Safe and Secure Web Deposits at:
Jail Administrator Mitch Overn
Email Mitch Overn