WHAT is Take it to The Box
The Take it to The Box program promotes the safe use, safe storage and safe disposal of unneeded prescription and over-the-counter medications. Le Sueur County is serious about preventing medication misuse/abuse and about environmentally safe disposal of unneeded medications.
WHY is it important?
- Medications in the home are susceptible to diversion, misuse, and abuse. Safe disposal makes medicines less available.
- Evidence is increasing that there is damage to the environment due to unsafe disposal of medications. Proper disposal helps protect our soil and water.
WHERE is it available?
Le Sueur County Sheriff's Office Lobby
130 South Park Avenue
Le Center, MN 56057
WHAT do I do?
- Leave medication in the original container.
- Remove your name/identifying information.
- Leave the name of the medication.
- Drop medication into the disposal box opening.
- Take unneeded medication to The BOX for no charge.
- No syringes, needles, or sharps accepted.
- No thermometers, trash, batteries, IV bags, bloody/infectious waste, diabetic supplies, chemotherapy drugs, hazardous waste, business waste.
For more information, please contact Le Sueur County Environmental Services at 507-357-8538.