Le Sueur County was awarded an Accelerated Implementation Grant funded by the Clean Water Land and Legacy Amendment to conduct subsurface sewage treatment system (SSTS) compliance inspections and provide septic information and education within an area around Frances, Rays, Sakatah, and Tetonka Lakes.
On October 18, 2016, the Le Sueur County Board of Commissioners voted 5 ayes and 0 nays to adopt an Ordinance requiring mandatory SSTS compliance inspections and continuous SSTS compliance on properties within 350 feet of the ordinary high water level of Frances, Rays, Sakatah, and Tetonka Lakes.
Le Sueur County Ordinance Requiring Inspection of Subsurface Sewage Treatment Systems Within the First Tier and Recreational Properties Adjacent to Lake Frances, Rays Lake, Sakatah Lake, and Tetonka Lake
Starting in 2017, staff from Wenck Associates, Inc.
- Determined properties required to have an SSTS compliance inspection conducted;
- Conducted 189 SSTS compliance inspections and submitted the inspection reports to property owners and Le Sueur County; and
- Started drafting a report of the results of the inventory project.
On May 1, 2018, Wenck Associates, Inc. staff, Peter Miller and Matthew Summers, presented to the Le Sueur County Board of Commissioners the Frances, Rays, Sakatah, and Tetonka Septic Inventory Project Final Report.
Frances, Rays, Sakatah, and Tetonka Septic Inventory Project Final Report – Le Sueur County, MN
On June 30, 2018, a community meeting was held to discuss the Frances, Rays, Sakatah, and Tetonka Septic Inventory Project's Final Report. If you unable to attend the meeting, here is a copy of the presentation.
Frances, Rays, Sakatah, Tetonka (FRST) Septic Inventory Project Final Report Presentation
The next phase of the project will be
- Preparing feasibility studies by Wenck Associates, Inc. staff;
- Conducting SSTS compliance inspections on approximately 15 properties initially missed; and
- Collaborating with cities and property owners in replacing non-compliant SSTS through soil verification, SSTS design review, and inspection of replacement SSTS.
For more information regarding this project, please contact the Le Sueur County Environmental Services Department at:
- Telephone: 507-357-8538
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org