The Auditor-Treasurer’s Office serves as custodian of all county funds and cash assets, handles all funds received and/or paid out by the county, and is responsible for investing all county surplus funds, designation of depositories, securing collateral to protect funds and determines terms of investments. Duties included are generation and collection of:
- Confession of judgment
- Current and delinquent real estate
- Personal property and mobile home taxes
- Tax forfeiture
The Auditor-Treasurer is also the Deputy Registrar for the county and administers the License Center providing vehicle registrations for cars, trucks, motorcycles, etc; recreational licenses such as boat titles, hunting and fishing licenses, etc; and drivers license renewals and ID cards.
Other functions of the office include:
- Assists the Election Administrator in the election process
- County bank account reconciliations
- Escrow of tax payments
- Fireworks permits
- Inventory of fixed assets
- Maintaining Drainage Ditch Funds and Assessments
- Issues auctioneer licenses, and serves as the holder of surety bonds for auctioneers
- Issues Beer, Liquor and Tobacco licenses
- M-1PR (property tax refund) assistance and forms
Eight full-time employees staff the Le Sueur County Auditor-Treasurer’s office. The position of County Auditor-Treasurer is elected every four years.
True Transit Tokens
True Transit Tokens now available for sale at the Le Sueur County Auditor-Treasurer’s Office.
Please see the Le Sueur County Drainage page for information on ditches.