Le Sueur County District Court, in the First Judicial District of Minnesota, provides a Post-Plea, Pre-Sentence, Drug Court Program to reduce chemical abuse and criminal behavior of non- violent adult offenders. Le Sueur County Drug Court’s mission is to break the cycle of crime and addiction by providing chemically-addicted offenders with a multidisciplinary strategic response of treatment, support and legal accountability, thereby enhancing the quality of life of the community.
The Le Sueur County Drug Court provides strength-based interventions promoting healthy lifestyles, accountability for actions and positive family relationships through a collaborative effort between the Adult Justice System and the community. This collaboration results in educated and productive adults, healthy families and stronger, safer communities.
About the Drug Court Program & Court Docket
What is Drug Court?
- An intensive 18 to 24-month program focusing on the treatment of those who commit substance-related crimes
- A specialized court docket providing the support, structure and accountability addicts in the criminal justice system need to find lasting recovery
Additional Resources & Information
Articles About Drug Court
- National Association of Drug Court Professionals (NADCP) is a non-profit that was started in 1994 by representatives from the first twelve drug court programs. It is composed of legal and clinical professionals who strive to reduce recidivism by combining effective addiction treatment and judicial oversight.
- When an addict goes to treatment instead of prison, we All Rise.
Minnesota Drug Court Standards
- Learn about Minnesota’s standards for drug court, research on its drug courts and find operational drug courts in the state.