Solid Waste Program
Purpose and Goal
- The purpose and goal of the Le Sueur County Solid Waste and Recycling Program is to protect human health and the environment by ensuring responsible management of hazardous and nonhazardous waste by:
- Protecting the public’s health, preventing public nuisances, and preventing contamination of the groundwater and other environments of Le Sueur County from solid waste through the control of number, location and operation of solid waste facilities.
- Preserving and protecting our land and water resources.
- Assuring that all individuals are informed and responsible for their actions regarding solid waste that may affect the environment and the community now and in the future.
- Supporting activities that will promote use and reuse of materials found in solid waste that would otherwise be disposed in ways that would not recapture the useful characteristics of its components.
Tri-County Comprehensive Solid Waste Management Plan – updated October 2013
Listing of licensed solid waste and recycling companies and facilities. Licensed Solid Waste and Recycling Companies and Facilities
Locations to dispose of solid waste and recyclable materials. Solid Waste and Recycling Options for County Residents
Take It to the Box – Medication Disposal
Take it to The Box program promotes the safe use, safe storage and safe disposal of unneeded prescription and over-the-counter medications. It is a partnership between the Sheriff’s Office, Public Health, and Environmental Services. There is a drop-box in the Sheriff’s Office Lobby located at the Le Sueur County Sheriff’s Office – 435 East Derrynane Street, Suite 1100, Le Center. For more information, please visit the Le Sueur County Sheriff’s Office - Take It to the Box section of the website at https://www.co.le-sueur.mn.us/300/Medication-Disposal.
Tri-County Solid Waste
Tri-County Solid Waste assist residents, businesses and communities in Le Sueur, Nicollet, and Sibley Counties to efficiently handle their waste.
Schedule of 2023 Tri-County Solid Waste Joint Powers Board Meetings:
- Wednesday, February 8, 2023
- Wednesday, April 26, 2023
- Wednesday, July 26, 2023
- Wednesday, November 15, 2023
All meetings start at 8:30 AM and are held at the Nicollet County Commissioners Board Room located at 501 South Minnesota Avenue, St. Peter, MN 56082.
For more information on Tri-County Solid-Waste, please go to its website at https://www.co.nicollet.mn.us/180/Tri-County-Solid-Waste.
Minnesota Pollution Control Agency’s (MPCA) Solid Waste Publications:
- Farmsteads and Solid Waste: https://www.pca.state.mn.us/sites/default/files/w-sw1-18.pdf
- Solid Waste Disposal: https://www.pca.state.mn.us/sites/default/files/w-sw4-19.pdf
- MPCA fact sheet Pre-renovation or Demolition Requirements: https://www.pca.state.mn.us/sites/default/files/w-sw4-07.pdf
- MPCA Asbestos in Demolitions or Renovations (includes additional fact sheets and links): https://www.pca.state.mn.us/waste/asbestos-demolition-or-renovations
- Notification of Asbestos-related Work: https://www.pca.state.mn.us/sites/default/files/w-sw4-06.doc
- Pre-Renovation/Demolition Environmental Checklist: https://www.pca.state.mn.us/sites/default/files/w-sw4-20.doc
- Demolition/Re-Novation Notification: https://www.pca.state.mn.us/sites/default/files/w-sw4-21.pdf
- Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) – Asbestos https://www.health.state.mn.us/communities/environment/asbestos/index.html
- MDH Link to Licensed Asbestos Contractors and Consultants: https://asbs.web.health.state.mn.us/search/find-contractor.jsf