Location Change: The Recorder's Office has moved to the 2nd floor of the Government Center (former Court Administration area).
***NEW*** Property Watch Alerts
Attention Le Sueur County Property Owners – Our office is proud to announce the added service of Property Watch Alerts on potential documents recorded against your name and/or property. Click Here to be directed to our Property Watch Alerts page for more information and sign up.
As of, Tuesday, March 1, 2022, face coverings are optional while inside county buildings.
As of, Monday, February 22, 2021, the Recorder’s Office will be open to the public from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Monday thru Thursday and 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM on Fridays.
The Le Sueur County Recorder’s Office primary responsibilities pertain to the legal records of all real estate in Le Sueur County. These responsibilities are to maintain an accurate index of all documents filed within the county since the 1850’s. This applies to both Abstract and Registered (Torrens) property. Some of these documents include deeds, mortgages and approximately 400 different real estate documents. The Recorder’s Office also provides access to all public recorded documents indexed in our office.
The Le Sueur County Recorder’s Office also maintains Vital Records, such as Birth, Death, and Marriage Records. Our office can issue these certificates by request with a fee. Other types of information found in the Recorder’s Office includes Plats, Maps, Tax Liens, Military Discharge Records, Notaries, Ordinations, etc.
Another item of service the Recorder’s Office does for its customers, are searches. These include Abstracts, Tract Searches, Owner & Encumbrance Searches, etc.
Appointments are highly encouraged.
To make an appointment with our office you can contact our office at 507-357-2251 or Recorders@co.le-sueur.mn.us
Advantages to Appointments
- PRIORITY - Your Appointment will be a priority
- TIME - Less time at our office – many items can be prepared for you ahead of your appointment.
- CONVIENENCE - Often times, customers realize their needs can be dealt with thru phone, email, or mail
- EFFICIENT – We will contact you and discuss your appointment ahead of time so you are completely prepared when you arrive.
Please follow the following guidelines:
- Please be sure you have all information and items with you at the time of arrival. Such as photo ID, legal description, dates, names, etc.
- Contact our office prior to arrival with any questions to ensure your time in the Recorder’s Office runs smoothly.