- County Government
- Departments A Through G
- Environmental Services
- Septic Program
- Projects & Sewer Districts
- FRST Lakes Septic Inventory Project
FRST Lakes Septic Inventory Project
Le Sueur County was awarded an Accelerated Implementation Grant funded by the Clean Water Land and Legacy Amendment to conduct subsurface sewage treatment system (SSTS) compliance inspections and provide septic information and education within an area around Frances, Rays, Sakatah, and Tetonka Lakes.
Public Notice - October 2016
On October 18, 2016, the Le Sueur County Board of Commissioners voted 5 ayes and 0 nays to adopt an Ordinance requiring mandatory SSTS compliance inspections and continuous SSTS compliance on properties within 350 feet of the ordinary high water level of Frances, Rays, Sakatah, and Tetonka Lakes.
Le Sueur County Ordinance Requiring Inspection of Subsurface Sewage Treatment Systems Within the First Tier and Recreational Properties Adjacent to Lake Frances, Rays Lake, Sakatah Lake, and Tetonka Lake (PDF)
Starting in 2017, staff from Wenck Associates, Inc.:
- Conducted 189 SSTS compliance inspections and submitted the inspection reports to property owners and Le Sueur County
- Determined properties required to have an SSTS compliance inspection conducted
- Started drafting a report of the results of the inventory project
Final Report - May 2018
On May 1, 2018, Wenck Associates, Inc. staff, Peter Miller and Matthew Summers, presented to the Le Sueur County Board of Commissioners the Frances, Rays, Sakatah, and Tetonka Septic Inventory Project Final Report - Le Sueur County, MN (PDF).
Final Report Presentation - June 2018
On June 30, 2018, a community meeting was held to discuss the Frances, Rays, Sakatah, and Tetonka Septic Inventory Project's Final Report. If you are unable to attend the meeting, view a copy of the Frances, Rays, Sakatah, Tetonka (FRST) Septic Inventory Project Final Report Presentation (PDF).
The next phase of the project will be:
- Collaborating with cities and property owners in replacing non-compliant SSTS through soil verification, SSTS design review, and inspection of replacement SSTS
- Conducting SSTS compliance inspections on approximately 15 properties initially missed
- Preparing feasibility studies by Wenck Associates, Inc. staff
For more information regarding this project, please contact the Le Sueur County Environmental Services Department at:
- Telephone: 507-357-8538
- Email Environmental Services