A person’s Certificate of Ordination or Letter of Good Standing must be recorded within the State of Minnesota prior to performing a Marriage in order for it to be valid.  After the ordination is recorded in Minnesota, you may perform a marriage anywhere in the State of Minnesota.  

A person may file the certificate/letter with our office via mail or in person.   We must be presented with the original, which will be returned, and a valid photo ID (showing your Picture, Name, and Birthdate).  A person who is ordained, must be at least 21 years of age.

On the Marriage License, you will be asked to provide the location of which your credentials were recorded.  This will be the county where you recorded your ordination. 

                 Ordination Recording - $20

  1. Recorder's Office

    Physical Address
    88 S Park Avenue
    Le Center, MN 56057