Passports & Passport Photos
The Le Sueur County Recorder's Office is an acceptance agent for passport applications!
Appointments are encouraged. Customers with appointments will have priority service. Please contact our office to schedule an appointment.
- Loni – 507-357-8583
- Ashley - 507-357-8235
The Le Sueur County Recorder’s Office takes passport photos that follows the guidelines set by the U.S. Department of State.
Passport Photos - $15
Applying for a New Passport can be done through the Recorder's Office. Any questions can be directed to us at 507-357-8583 or 507-357-8235 or Passports@co.le-sueur.mn.us
You can get additional information regarding passports by going to the US Department of State's Passports Website. Click here to go to the US Department of State's Passport Website.
- Passport applications can be picked up in our office or they can be found on the passport website. Click here to be directed to the Passport Forms.
- Applications need to be completed using BLACK ink OR complete the application online and print. *Do not sign until you’re in front of a passport acceptance agent*
- Proof of Citizenship is required. The most common form of proof of citizenship is a birth certificate and If you were born in Minnesota, our office can help you with this! Birth Certificate Application
Certified Birth Certificate - $26
- A valid photo ID is required (ex. Driver’s License).
- One check or money order is required PER APPLICATION and made out to the US Department of State
- County fees can be paid using any form of payment (a convenience fee applies when using a credit card)
- Express shipping will require an additional check
Currently taking 7 to 10 weeks for routine processing, plus mail time. Find the most current processing times here: Processing Times
If you already have a passport you can find renewal information on the US Department of State's website. Click here for renewal information.
- Renewal Passport applications can be picked up in our office or they can be found on the passport website. Click here to be directed to the Passport Forms.
- Applications need to be completed using BLACK ink OR complete the application online and print.