View all facilities

Geldner Saw Mill & Park

  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
Geldner Saw Mill and Park is located along Beaver Dam Road near East Jefferson Lake in Elysian Township. amenities within the park include 3 picnic tables, large gravel parking lot, and a seasonal porta-potty.

Historic Site


The 4.5 acre park features a historic saw mill, floating fishing pier, mowed grass to the south and trees to the north. Geldner Saw Mill began operating in 1870 as settlers cleared the "Big Woods" of Basswood, Elm, Maple, and Red Oak that once dominated south-central Minnesota. Le Sueur County purchased the saw mill in 1978, restored it in 1983, and made it one of the last remaining stationary steam-powered saws in the United States and the only one in Minnesota. The saw mill is currently a historic site on the National Register of Historic Places.

Floating Fishing Pier


The floating fishing pier was installed in the park in 2010. The 45 foot long pier is handicap accessible, features benches, and 9 rod holders. The bay off of East Jefferson Lake is a popular spot for anglers looking to catch panfish depending on the time of the year, whether off of the pier or 750 feet of park shoreline.



Go to Calendar