Richter Woods Park
Richter Woods Trail Map With Distances (PDF)
Richter Woods Park Brochure and Map (PDF)
Richter Woods Barn Rental Agreement
December 1, 2022: The entrance gate to the park is closed for the winter, but the park remains open to the public. Please safely park at the gate to access the park.
October 31, 2022: The porto-potty is removed for the year, there are no restroom facilities available until the spring of 2023.
Richter Woods Park is a 80 acre park located 1.5 miles west of the city of Montgomery. The park is heavily wooded and reminiscent of the native "big woods" of south central Minnesota. Within the woods, you can find 2.5 miles of self guided hiking or mountain biking trails in the summer months. The park is at its best in the fall months as all of the leaves are changing colors and falling. In the winter months, the park is a popular spot for snowshoeing and cross country skiing (ungroomed trails).
Wildlife & Vegetation
While hiking throughout the park make sure to keep your eyes open for an abundance of wildlife and vegetation, including:
- Basswood Trees
- Elm Trees
- Maple Trees
- And More!
The park's amenities also include:
- A Basketball Hoop
- Fire Ring
- Playground with Multiple Slides and Swings
- Volleyball Net
The Park is home to a Barn that is available for rent from April to October for gatherings and events for $100 per day for basic events like a graduation, reunion, birthday party, shower, meeting, etc. or $350 per day for a wedding reception or ceremony.
- Please call Le Sueur County Parks 507-357-8201 to confirm the availability of your reservation date.
- Return the Richter Woods Barn Rental Agreement form along with the two appropriate payments to Le Sueur County Parks.
- Payment 1: Facility Reservation cost, cash or check
- Payment 2: Damage Deposit, check only
- Checks made payable to: Le Sueur County Parks
- Mailed to: Le Sueur County Parks, 88 South Park Ave., Le Center, MN 56057